Community Center Fitness Classes
Procedures During COVID-19
The Grosse Pointe Woods fitness classes at the Community Center are scheduled to resume Monday, September 28, 2020. The health and safety of our staff and residents is high priority. Participants are asked to review the procedures of the Community Center Fitness Classes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
By the restrictive opening of the fitness classes and facility, the City of Grosse Pointe Woods does not represent that it is safe or that there is not a risk of contracting COVID-19 by use of the facility. Everyone using the facility does so at their own risk.
HOW ARE CLASSES CONFIGURED?
Classes will be limited to 11 participants. Due to limited capacity, pre-registration for classes is required. Registration will open on Mondays at 8:00 a.m., one week in advance. Click below to register online or call the Community Center 313-343-2408 to register by phone.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT WHEN I ARRIVE?
Staff members will be stationed at the door for check-in and all participants must complete a COVID-19 screening (including temperature checks) prior to entering.
Participants will be allowed to enter the room 15 minutes prior to class and it is requested that participants exit the room within 10 minutes of the conclusion of class. Masks must be worn (covering nose and mouth) at all times while in the facility.
WHAT ARE THE DISINFECTING AND CLEANING PROCEDURES?
- Door handles, chairs, and touch points will be cleaned by staff between classes.
- Carpets will be vacuumed between classes.
- Cleaning stations will be available for participants to disinfect their personal equipment.
How Can I Prepare to Use the Facilities?
Participants are encouraged to:
- Bring their own equipment (exercise mats, weights, yoga bricks, etc.) Exercise equipment will not be stored at the facility.
- Bring a full water bottle to avoid touching the tap or water fountain (no glass bottles).
- Bring a minimum amount of personal belongings.
- Should not share personal belongings.